It’s almost summer! You know what that means, barbeque. There’s nothing better than enjoying the warm weather with some tangy, smoky ‘que. If you’re searching for a team-friendly barbeque dish, look no further than some good old fashioned pulled pork. Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s very easy to make. It doesn’t get much better than that. So, break out your slow cooker and get cooking!
*Ingredient amounts are set for 15 people. Add or subtract based on how many people you’re serving.
- 2 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 2 extra large onions, chopped
- 1-3/4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp & 2-1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp & 2-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1-3/4 cups & 2 tbsp cup barbeque sauce
- 3/4 cup & 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-3/4 large garlic gloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup & 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 2-3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup & 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 15 hamburger buns
- 1 tbsp & 2-1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp & 2-1/4 tsp butter
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 5 hours
- Pour vegetable oil into bottom of slow cooker. Place pork roasts in slow cooker; pour in barbeque sauce, chicken broth, and apple cider vinegar. Stir in brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, chili powder, garlic, onion, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on High until roast shreds easily with a fork. (this takes about five to six hours)
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred meat using forks.
- Place the shredded pork back in slow cooker and stir the meat to absorb juices.
- Spread inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast buns butter side down in skillet over medium heat until golden brown.
- Spoon pork onto toasted buns.
Per serving: 527 calories; 23.1 g fat; 45.4 g carbohydrates; 31.9 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 730 mg sodium.